Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to  get a quote?

  • Fully completed accord applications 125 and126 for General Liability and acord140 for Property 
  • Loss runs
  • Any contractual requirements to consider
  • A note of any additional lines of coverage not noted above

Where can I find acords?

There is a list of all the Acords we frequently request on our Online Platform at You’ll find them listed in the Resources Tab on the right margin once you’ve logged in to the system. OR simply email with a request for any Acord form that you need.

How do I fill out acords?

These ACORD forms are typically standardized forms for commercial insurance needs.  It is based on what the insured is requesting and since you will likely need to fill these out for all commercial needs its best for you fill them out so you can become comfortable with them. Please check out these links to some awesome tutorials on how to fill these out. If after going through those, if you still have some questions we would be happy to help you further.

ACORD 125 (Commercial Lines Application)

ACORD 126 (General Liability)

ACORD 140 (Property)

ACORD 130 (Workers Comp)

Line by line instructions for each ACORD as well can be found here:

Need a copy of an Acord? Email or find them on the Resources tab at Genie Quote Pro (

Send the above items to for underwriter assignment or include them in your application at Typically you receive an email about which underwriter assigned has been assigned to your submission overnight. If complete, you will receive 2-3 carriers in response. If incomplete, you will receive notice of missing items. Turn-around time varies from one day to a week, depending on the complexity of the account and number of revisions you provide. All submissions are handled in the order they are received. 

Our Underwriting Manager Heather Gilginas is happy to assist for further questions or concerns. 

What is your commission schedule?

Unfortunately due to the myriad carriers we use and ever changing appetites for each line of business, we do not have an accurate commission schedule we can share. Please contact your assigned underwriter directly for specifics.

What is the timeline for a submission?

Submissions take 1-2 business days to be logged. Our submissions team will send you a confirmation once you have been assigned an underwriter.

The need to request additional underwriting information puts your submission behind and creates delays in the quoting process. Please ensure your application is fully completed before re-submitting.


The commercial auto carriers we use require direct billing. They also have a special application here:

All other accounts can be easily paid online here: We have financing options too! (


You can always follow updates from our Newsletter or on FacebookTwitter, or Instagram @cig4insurance.

Why do I keep getting an error when I copy an email into

If you get ANY  error message, such as –  “An error has occurred.  Oops!  Website Administrator has been notified” – press the back button and re-try what you were trying to do.

Our Online Platform is very secure. Unfortunately this means it blocks any efforts recognized as an effort to hack into the system such as < or > . If you are trying to paste stuff like this – you will get an error message. Be sure to clean it up a bit and remove < > symbols.

If you are still experiencing an error, email

What is the preferred internet browser for

The preferred internet browser is Internet Explorer.

We are in the process of building out a version 2.0. Stay tuned!